StatCounter

04/06/2012

LOCKAH - THE SOUR DRINK FROM THE OCEAN



I was recently perusing Pitchfork’s new tracks section and stumbled upon something I have been listening to non-stop since last week: ‘The Sour Drink From The Ocean’ by an up and coming Aberdeen-based producer called Lockah. So much am I enjoying this song in fact (and repeatedly playing it at work), that I sought it out on my phone via the Soundcloud app just so I could finally unlock its potential for travelling listening on the way to and from work. Yes, I can spot potential for a joyous strutting stomper a mile off.

He just signed to the Mad Decent imprint, Jeffree’s, to release an EP. This has an aweeesome title. Wait for it…..When U Stop Feeling Like A Weirdo & Become A Threat. If that isn’t a bad-ass title for a record, I don’t know what is.

Anyway, check this guy out. Reminiscent of the tight sampling (any idea of the sample?) yet soulful result of Star Slinger, I think this pulsing oblivion of sound signposts Lockah as an interesting new talent. 'The Sour Drink From The Ocean' has already had 20,000 hits on Soundcloud in less than two weeks and was featured on BBC Introducing in Scotland on Ally McCrae's Radio 1 show tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment