StatCounter

10/09/2011

New Look- Janet

New Look- Janet

(September 27th 2011)


New Look- Nap on the Bow

New Look- The Ballad


I’d like to thank a blog called WDPK 83.7 fm, which looks right up my alley according to a cursory viewing for they've revealed to me a band called New Look, who were featured on Jamie xx’s IMMENSE BBC Radio 1 mix broadcast 27th August. Somehow they passed me by.

Information on New Look proved hard to come by but I got hold of some in the end. An album is due on 26th September via !K7 Records- although I can't find a name- and the band, consisting of married couple Sarah Ruba and Adam Pavao hail from Canada. It won't be their first release. An EP called How's My Hair was out in 2008 (listen to it here).

Anyway, head over to WDPK 83.7 fm to download ‘The Ballad’ and ‘Nap on the Bow’, which show that New Look really have some special vibes, or check them out above. Haunting electro ballads with deep R&B hooks. 'Nap on the Bow' is my favourite. It's an absolute belter.

Their website is http://newlookmusic.com/

Also find Jamie xx mix containing other aural nuggets.

Jamie xx Essential Mix by Young Turks

No comments:

Post a Comment